Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Musungu and the manual camera...

During the lunch break, one gentleman came up to me with a huge manual camera and asked for help loading the film. He had recently bought the camera and had never used one before. I had never used such a beast of a camera before either, but I decided to give it a shot. All was going well, until I accidentally clicked a button that completely rewound the film, making it impossible to use. My heart sunk and I asked if there was anywhere to buy film. Everyone said “no” and I wanted to crawl in a whole. I tried prying the film back out, but of course this was useless. Finally, someone came running in and said they found a shop that sold film and the owner the camera went to buy a new roll. Hearing the news, I chased after the man, pleading to pay for the film, since it was my fault in the first place. Phew – problem solved – a $2 roll of film would allow me to sleep soundly that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment